This is a learning assessment course for elementary school students who do not speak English as a first language. It is based on a grade 3 literary assessment administered by a major province of Canada.
The purpose of this assessment is to identify individual strengths and areas of improvement.
Students will need:
- a grade 3 English ability at a school in Canada or
- a grade 7 English ability at a Japanese junior high school
- typing ability
The assessment is in two parts:
- A reading with open ended questions. (1 hour)
- Students read a short story and and answer six short answer questions.
- This is worth 60% of the total assessment.
- A literary performance task. (30 minutes)
- Students are provided a visual and are required to do an independent writing.
- This is worth 40% of the total assessment.